Workday HCM: Technical & Functional
Explore exciting career options as a seasoned Workday consultant with our uniquely designed Handson Training program in Workday covering basic functional concepts and advanced technical topics.
Introduction to Workday
- Overview of HCM
- Introduction to Workday, Workday Framework and Workday tools.
Core Concepts and Navigation
- Core Concepts
- Business Objects
- Navigation in Workday
- Tenant Setup
- Reports: Search, Navigate and Execute.
Organizations in Workday
- Organizations and Supervisory Organizations
- Locations in Workday
- Company and Hierarchy
- Cost Center and Cost Center Hierarchy
- Matrix and Retiree Organizations.
Staffing Models, Jobs and Positions
- Introduction to Staffing Models in Workday
- Position Management
- Job Management
- Job Profiles
- Differentiating Job Profiles, Job families and Job Family Groups.
- Managing Filled and Unfilled Positions and Jobs
Compensation and Hiring
- Introduction to Compensation Eligibility
- Compensation Grades and Grade Profiles
- Compensation Element and Compensation Packages
- Hiring Process
- Hiring and Supervisory Organizations
- Hiring a worker into a position management organization
- Hiring a worked in a Job Management Organization.
- Creating Compensation Packages, Plans and assigning compensation rules.
- Compensation Reports and Total Compensation Report.
Security in Workday
- Overview of Security in Workday
- User Based Security Groups (UBSG)
- Role Based Security Groups (RBSG)
- Business Process Security.
- Security Reports, Modifying Domain Security Policy, Business process security policy
Business Process and Configurations
- Business Process Framework
- Configurable Business Process Framework
- Rule based Business Processes
- Designing and Deploying Business Processes.
Additional Staffing Transactions
- Contracting Contingent Workers (Contracting and Converting)
- Staffing Movements
- Switching primary jobs
- Staffing Reports.
- Events in Workday
- Task Assignments, Reassignments and Request Reassignments
- Cancel, Correct, Rescind Business Process
- Changes to Supervisory organizations.
Workday Self Service
- Employee Self Service
- Employee onboarding
- Manager Self Service.
Report Writer, Custom Fields and Trends
- Overview of Report Writer
- Creating and managing custom fields
- Worker trending reports
Integrations and High Volume Events
- Workday Web Services API
- Workday Integration tools
- Integration Cloud Platform
- Custom Integrations
- High Volume Events
Workday Calculated and Custom Fields
- Overview of Custom and Calculated fields
- System-Wide vs Report Specific Calculated fields.
- Global Calculated fields
- Available functions to create a calculated field.
- Functions to access business objects
- Performance Considerations
Enterprise Interface Builder (EIB)
- Overview of EIB
- EIB Design Patterns and Limitations
- Workday public web services
- Workday reports as a service
- Developing an inbound and outbound EIB
- Custom report transformation
- EIB features
- Loading custom transactional data into workday using EIB
- Overview of Integration Architecture
- Cloud Connect and System templates
- Core Connector: Worker
- Integration Services in Core Connector
- Change the deduction procedure in core connectors.
- Document transformation integration XSLT formatting using XTT and ETV
PICOF : Payroll Interface Common Output File
- Overview of PICOF
- PICOF Design Patterns and Limitations
- PICOF Features.
- Overview of Workday Studio
- Installation and Navigation of Workday Studio
- Studio runtime architecture
- Workday studio assemblies components
- Basic Flor of control between Assembly components
- Basics of Web Services, CSLT, and MVEL in Workday Studio
- Building integrations using assembly editor
- Report Designer
Download our Full Course Packet
Call us at
You will be trained, guided and mentored by highly skilled professionals who will teach you technology, industry best practices and “soft skills” that you need to be successful. You will work extensively on enterprise-level technologies and tools that are used by enterprises today.
Ready to get started?
Apply to our program or schedule a meeting with your career advisor.